One person died as a result of an early-morning fire that damaged a residence in the Graham area Jan. 2.

According to Graham Fire and Rescue, the victim was an elderly man who apparently was an occupant of the mobile home in the 7600 block of 192nd Street East. Firefighters found him unconscious inside the burning structure. Paramedics rushed him in critical condition to Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, where he was pronounced dead. He had suffered heavy smoke inhalation, officials said. His name wasn’t immediately available.

Flames and smoke from the fire were spotted by a passerby, who called for fire crews.

The fire is believed to have started by an overheated electrical cord connected to a space heater, Graham Fire reported.