Socialize

Facebook

Fire damages house near Clear Lake

11:58 am April 23rd, 2014

A fire that started with creosote from the chimney damaged a Clear Lake-area home in the pre-dawn last Saturday morning.
The blaze in the 3600 block of Clear Lake West Road was reported at 12:13 a.m. The first firefighters on the scene found smoke and flames on the second floor and roof of the house, said South Pierce Fire and Rescue chief Bob Vellias. The fire was contained to the area around the chimney and attic. No injuries were reported.
Vellias said the Pierce County fire marshal determined that the cause of the fire was creosote from the chimney that dripped down to the roof of the house and started burning.
Graham Fire and Rescue and Eatonville Fire and Rescue also responded to the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>