Socialize

Facebook

Christmas comes to town Saturday

1:35 pm December 6th, 2013

Eatonville’s annual Christmas Parade and accompanying holiday festivities is scheduled for Saturday afternoon.
Families can visit with Santa Claus at the Visitor Center on Mashell Avenue from 2 to 6 p.m. The parade will begin at 6.
Merchants and crafters will hold a holiday bazaar at the Mill Village commercial complex on Center Street throughout the day.
The activities are being organized by the Greater Eatonville Chamber of Commerce.

5 Responses to Christmas comes to town Saturday

1. JoAnn Reply

December 9, 2013 at 10:21 am

I was a vendor at the Holiday Bazaar and was very dissapointed. There were supposed to be about fifty people in the “Cash Mob” that would be shopping in Eatonville on Saturday. This was to include the Bazaar. All of the vendors were anxiously awaiting the Cash Mob as we had great Christmas gifts for them to purchase! FIVE PEOPLE showed up. FIVE! Shame on you. This was supposed to be in support of small businesses. Bah Humbug to the Cash Mob.

2. Dawn Newkirk Reply

December 11, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I agree with Joann The Cash mob didn’t even take the time to come to my shop. I was asked to display a poster supporting this event which I did and they didn’t even take the time to come in.

• Diane Wisley Reply

December 22, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I think the cash mob was a success. The negative comments don’t surprise me. As a business owner here for over 6 years there has always been an aire of negativity. I heard it about the Town of Eatonville itself when I first opened. I never experienced any of that. In fact I applaud the creativity of the group that supported this. We had over 35 businesses put in coupons for each participant and also an item for the drawing. THAT. Is how I measure success. I had about ten people come in my store. We had so much fun. To me the idea was to share and get participants to see what our stores carry. THAT was a success. I hope we will do the cash mob again. Thank you again to the doers. The ones that keep trying to improve our businesses and our community. To the negative nellies. Shame on you.

• patjenkins Reply

December 23, 2013 at 11:45 am

Thank you to everyone who has commented on the cash mob promotion. The Dispatch helped organize the promotion as a way to encourage consumers to learn more about their local businesses and to shop locally. We appreciate everyone’s support, and we look forward to continuing to work with merchants on supporting their businesses.

3. Bobbi Allison Reply

December 31, 2013 at 10:32 am

Odd…quite a few of us who live here didn’t even know about this event, until it was over.