Enjoy the Independence Day holiday with these local events. Except for the public fireworks show in Eatonville Wednesday, all of them are on July 4:
• Fireworks show in Eatonville. Free. Starts at about 10 p.m. at Eatonville Middle School field. Pre-show activities include children’s games, food and vendor booths.
• Eatonville Fourth of July Parade. Starts at 12 noon July 4. Route: The parade will start on Orchard Avenue North, make a turn on Center Street West and go east on Center to Mashell Avenue North, and then proceed north to Eatonville High School. Route will be closed to traffice from 11:30 a.m. until the parade is over.
• After the parade, Eatonville Eagles (at 100 Weyerhaeuser Road) will host a barbecue (chicken for $7, hot dog meals for $5 or $4) and live music. Open to the general public.
• Roy Fourth of July Parade. Starts at 12 noon July 4. Participants start lining up at 10 a.m. at the Roy Rodeo grounds. No fee to have an entry in parade. Parade route: East on Higgins Greig, north on State Route 507, west on Water, south on Warren. Potluck to follow at Roy City Park.
• Ohop Grange (41608 Mountain Hwy. E.) hosts a community picnic at 2 p.m. July 4.