A home in the Ashford area was destroyed Monday in a fire that took the lives of six dogs belonging to the resident.
The fire at 55514 315th Ave. E. was reported at about 4:30 p.m. The female resident was at work, where authorities contacted her and told her home had burned down. In addition to her pets, the woman lost all of her belongings in the fire, Fire District 23 officials said.
An electrical problem is the unofficial but most likely cause of the fire, according to fire chief Garry Olson.
The chalet-style home, measuring 20 feet by 24 feet, was being rented by the resident.