Socialize

Facebook

Fire destroys Ashford home, kills dogs

3:11 pm March 20th, 2013

A home in the Ashford area was destroyed Monday in a fire that took the lives of six dogs belonging to the resident.
The fire at 55514 315th Ave. E. was reported at about 4:30 p.m. The female resident was at work, where authorities contacted her and told her home had burned down. In addition to her pets, the woman lost all of her belongings in the fire, Fire District 23 officials said.
An electrical problem is the unofficial but most likely cause of the fire, according to fire chief Garry Olson.
The chalet-style home, measuring 20 feet by 24 feet, was being rented by the resident.

7 Responses to Fire destroys Ashford home, kills dogs

1. Gerry Brent Reply

March 21, 2013 at 9:47 am

This is so devastating. I don’t know if I could function ever again knowing how my dogs died. The belongings can be replaced but the dogs are a terrible loss. So so sad.

• Carole Cohen Reply

March 21, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I am so sorry. I have no words to console

2. adrienne venditti Reply

March 22, 2013 at 12:25 am

Sending my blessings and prayers to ease your pain. No One should go through souch a loss. I pray thay people will reach out to you with help and as soon as you are safe and in a good home. get a needy dog..there are so many that need you and they will heal you………Please don’t blame yourself…It happened…They are gone you are here for a reason……Keep; Strong Love
    adrienne Venditti Seekonk, massachusetts……

3. Michael Willis Reply

March 22, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Donations may be sent to:

First Citizens Bank, 121 Washington Ave N, Eatonville, WA 98328, Donations to Kathy Babbitt, Patty Andres, Trustee

4. Sandi Heffner Reply

March 24, 2013 at 9:25 am

You have my deepest sympathy, but the Lord kept you safe for a reason. Please rescue a dog that will need your love, and your heart will slowly heal. You will never forget those whom you have lost, but you must go forward, as you were saved for good reason.

5. Eric Watson Reply

March 26, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I agree Sandy, reach out and save a life. We all have one life to live and if we can share our hand in helping another life live longer …. then we can always look back and look at our good deeds done and smile as we get closer to our resting bed. Hugs to all

6. Dorothy M. Foegen Reply

April 10, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Sandy, I am so sorry to hear of you loss. Losing your home is one thing but losing all your dogs
    is beyond belief. Your home and belongings can be replaced but not your dogs.