Socialize

Facebook

Family escapes fire unharmed

2:26 pm December 28th, 2012

A fire in their house the day after Christmas turned out almost as well as a Graham family could have hoped.
The nearest firefighters were just 10 blocks away, a wheelchairbound resident was rescued unharmed, and the home suffered relatively minor damage.
The fire started shortly after 10 a.m. Dec. 26 when a polyester blanket that had been put in a microwave oven to warm it up became overheated and ignited, according to Graham Fire and Rescue.
Firefighters rescued a man who was confined to a wheelchair and wasn’t able to get out of the house under his own power. He was uninjured, as were other family members and pets who escaped on their own, officials said.
The house is at 23922 65th Avenue Court, about 10 blocks from Graham Fire’s headquarters station.
(Read more in the Jan. 2 print edition of The Dispatch)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>